E-book is really good!
Reading E-book by like the Amazon book reader is really good because it has a lot of new functions, having changed greatly my reading experience richer. Honestly, I feel how convenient if it is possible to read all the books in the world by not only a paper book but also an E-book.
One of the advantages is when you read a book in a foreign language. You might need a dictionary to know the meaning of an unknown word while reading. On the E-book, you can just tap it to pop-up its meaning in your language. I have read many English novels including Kazuo Ishiguro’s works with an E-book and found it possible to read them at least two times as faster as than I would have read by paper one.
I am listing other advantages of the E-book.
1. You can record in the memo area what you searched by an embed e-dictionary including the meaning in your language or sample usage. Just copy and paste them.
2. Moreover, when you finish reading a book, you can output all the records to an electric file. You can review all the new words you have learned after reading.
3. You can get out of the book and go into the internet without being interrupted when you want to search some information related to content of the book. For instance, when I read a history novel, I often search persons or incidents in the book which actually happened to know who they were or what took place in the real history.
4. You can record any idea in the memo which you get while reading for a later reference in the right place as if you were a noter. If it is a paper book, it is really hard to look back and find a correct place when you refer to it later.
5. When you lost on the way in a book which is of much volume and with complicate plot and want to look back, just tap any name to show all the places he or she appeared in a list. Just tap one of them to identify it and get back to where you are now.
6. When you leave or travel in your holidays, you do not have to bring your favorite books in your language. Instead, just bring your phone or tablet which enables you to download any book at any time from millions of collections.
These are not all the advantages that an E-book brings to you. You can also read it in a dark place in the midnight with no light. Maybe you do not have to keep physical library in your house. You are keeping a million of books over the internet which you can read whenever necessary.
I think the most fabulous advantage of E-book may be connectivity with the internet. A book does not exist alone. It is generated and published in a history. Any author writes a book in the epoque he lives, being affected with a culture or history. You might feel something interesting while reading a book and want to know a related information to search it out of the book. Searching ability of E-books is of great help and you can deepen your reading experience by searching and getting broader recognition.
By the way, I have used a function of E-book as a foreign language learner. It is the recording function which enables you to record a translation of unknow words or idiomatic expressions obtained from a dictionary or searched in the internet.
As a creator of phone apps, I have made a tool to use the memo file output by an E-book to learn and memorize the words efficiently which you have recorded while reading.
My app enables you to import memo files and learn pairs of an original word and its translation by a repeating practice. You can read and listen to them and speak them to your phone so the app judge if your pronunciation is correct or not, showing you the result. You will repeat speaking them by the time you successfully pronouncing them eventually.
When I used to learn English as a student, I memorized a new word by writing an original word and its translation each on the both sides of a cut paper and bound it by a ring to make a book. I read out each by the time I memorized all. Such a blank book was sold for students.
Now time has changed. If I had lived now as a student, I could have learned English with more efficiency and convenience and fun. It is a really good time for a foreign language learner.
コメント
コメントを投稿