How to count in French

 When I began to learn French as a student long time ago, I used to open a thick telephone book randomly to read out numbers of pages. 

French numbers were a little bit harder to read than English for people who just started to learn the language. For instance, when you read "99" you may pronounce it as quatre-vinght-dix-neuf , meaning 4-20-19 : four multiplied by 20 plus 19.  

When you start to learn any new language, counting is one of the basic skill to live where it is spoken. Therefore, my teacher told me to be able to say immediately any numbers when I open a book.

It was an old-time story. Now, Time has changed. You can use a good tool on a phone, helping you to be trained for counting in French. I made the tool by myself after I retired and got a free time.  I like reading and watching movies. I have spent much time for enjoying them.  

Nevertheless, I thought I should try to do something more exciting and decided to make an application on the phone. Because I learned JAVA while working, it was a good chance to make an Android application which uses it as a programming language.

I asked myself what application I could make and thought I did not have so many options because I can try anything only within the extents I have experienced in my life. 

Learning foreign languages was what I continued to be eager about in my life because I contacted many foreign people while working so I needed it on business. I always tried to brush up my English to make myself understood better by people abroad. 

English may be a mostly used language. I know many people speak English but not so many people do speak French. Actually, though I learned French when I was young, I got less opportunity to speak it than English. Because I learned and liked French very much, now I feels it sorry to use it no longer. 

So I started to learn French again by reading a French book and I remember vividly the days I learned it while counting with a telephone book.  The first application must be for French counting. I managed to complete it after much hardship and had it published on the Google Play.  But unfortunately, so many applications are there. My app seems to have been buried in mass piles and is staying in the bottom. 

 Anyway, I am introducing my own application and I sincerely hope it will be of some help for people who try to learn French for the first time in life.

=> Count in French

 


コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

E-book is really good!

Counting in a foreign language is fine!